Chef - Petersfield
Overlooking the heart of Petersfield Square, The George boasts a stylish interior and vast selection of local brews. Delicious food and great entertainment only add to the community atmosphere making our pub popular with events and occasions! We are looking for an enthusiastic Chef to join our team to assist with all aspects of the kitchen and covering for the Kitchen Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, cook and present food to meet company specifications.
- Consistently deliver outstanding levels of service and ensure that the needs of each individual guest are met.
- Maintain the presentation and cleaning standards of the kitchen at all times, following company guidelines.
- Ensure all stock management processes are followed, including delivery, storage, stock rotation and ordering, to maximise availability and minimise loss.
- Protect and secure all company stock and property in order to minimise the risk of loss and ensure that all procedures are in place to meet company audit requirements.
- Adhere to all Licensing, Health and Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- Support the opening and closing of the kitchen in line with Company processes as required.
This is a full time position of 40+ hours a week.
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Previous experience of working in a pub kitchen environment.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices and regulations.