Chef - Derby
We are looking for full or part time Chefs to join our team at the Silk Mill and prepare delicious meals for our guests.
Chef responsibilities include studying recipes and preparing dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Adhere to all Food safety requirements
- Full knowledge and understanding of Allergens
Direct all enquiries to our General Manager, Barry!
- Experience in working with fresh food in a managed house environment.
- Shifts will involve weekend working so flexibility is required.
- On-line learning completion will be required prior to first shift.