Chef - Manchester
We are looking for a Chef to join our team at the Blind Pig to prepare delicious meals for our customers.
Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. You should also be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you!
Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales.
- Cook food in a timely manner.
- Ensure appealing plate presentation.
- Slightly modify recipes to meet guest needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy).
- Monitor food stock and place orders.
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen.
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Previous experience of working in a pub kitchen environment.
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Ongoing training and development to actively support progression within Bermondsey.
- Flexible hours.
- Working with a great team.